Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!!

I have been tagged
By a dear blogger friend
In a little blogging game
Five questions she did send
With each question
I must respond five times
With an answer that explains
(And I'm hoping mine rhymes!)
So read on curious friend
If you're intrigued to know more
Facts about this blogger
There's not much, that's for sure!

WHERE WERE YOU FIVE YEARS AGO?
1) My location five years ago
Was Wichita, Kansas (remember Toto?)
2) I was also a new mom full of OOOs and Ahhhs
My precious baby could easily make me pause
3) I was teaching 8th grade science - I loved it, this I swear
Though now that I am home, it's my boys that need my care
4) I graduated in this month almost to the day
A master's degree in counseling - I hope to use it in some way
5) My high school class was celebrating 10 years of being out
Now it's been 15 years - what's this aging stuff all about?

WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE FIVE YEARS FROM NOW?
1) I hope our address forever stays the same
Though many might consider the mid-west a bit lame
We are in love with our modest country home
And I know we are happy and will never want to roam

2) I might be planning another class reunion
It seems our class enjoys the 5 year type communion
Though by then it will be 20 years
And I'll be an age that even now I dread and fear!

3) Maybe I'll be back in the public teaching field
Teaching to my students all that science has to yield
Helping middle schoolers think that school is fun
If I can manage this, I'll consider my life's work as done!

4)Just for fun I will dream a bit big with the number four
Maybe I'll have a best-selling book somewhere in a bookish store
Obviously my book will be the novelty type
Do you think my silly poems could be the next reading hype?!

5)No matter where I am or even what I am doing
The Lord's will and His Word - I will forever be pursuing
God has blessed my life so much - I am lucky enough to say
I'll be thankful and praising His name each and every day!

WHAT IS ON YOUR 'TO DO' LIST TODAY?
1) I have some laundry that needs to be done
2) Followed by laundry I missed in round one
3) Then in case I wanted to do more
There is some laundry I found on the floor
4) I might take a break and add spice to my day
By folding some laundry and then put it away
5) Ahh, the fun things that I get to do
Running around being the mother of two!

WHAT FIVE SNACKS DO YOU ENJOY?
1) I am a lover of the licorice snack Nibs
2) I also like CornNuts - this I can't fib
3) I most always have some type of fruit in my fridge
4)And a blueberry bagel with cream cheese on the ridge
5) Finally, I'm a sucker - no ifs, ands, or buts
For just about any kind of salt coated nut

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE?
1) First I would wonder, "What in the world?"
"Why would God bless, THIS silly girl?"
2) I would give hefty donations to KLOVE and Family Life
As they brought encouragement to this (sometimes) struggling wife
3) I would want to make sure my loved ones were set
My parents and mother-in-law are as good as they get
4) Pay off any debt, and put the rest in the bank
5) Go on living the same - remembering the ONE I should thank!

These are the facts about little ol' me
Not overly exciting, as you can now see

My turn to tag, oh who will it be?
Let's try Christina, Dana, Sarah, Mike and Tami!

10 comments:

  1. You rocked it Jaime! You are good girl!! And yes, start working on that book. It would certainly sell and I'd be in line as first buyer! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaime

    It doesn't sound like you have a minute to spare!

    We have a kindred spirit when it comes to snacks.
    Aren't salt and sugar the basic necessities of life?

    BTW, I loved the poem.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun poem :)
    I love this taggy bloggy - fun to read all those answers to just 5 questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would buy your book!!!!xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You continue to amaze me. I think it's hard enough to come up with answers, but to make yours rhyme???!!!! Yes-start the book, today!! I'll post answers after Mother's Day since I'm doing a post a day for my mom. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job in answering those questions in rhyme! Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Salty-sweets...we have lots in common. OK, my answers are up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, amazing, amazing. How can you tell us this much in rhyme? Amazing.

    Yep, I'd buy the book...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love your creativity! :) I'm going to link another of your fun poems for an example of a FAB Friday post and we link up again next week. I've gone to once a month. Mom-hood and ministry just keep me too busy for weekly creativity. HEY!!! I rhymed. ;)

    ReplyDelete