Thursday, May 13, 2010

WIEGH DOWN DIET week 19

Okay, this is going to be short and sweet as I am limited on time this week! (And unfortunately, I am not overly giddy to be reporting again...)

I must really like those five pounds, because I keep adding them back on (and off and on and off and back on again!) UGH! I will admit to you that though two weeks ago I was able to do good and get them off, this last week I have not weighed in the mornings or read much in my Rise Above book. There are no excuses. Just because I have been busy (and will continue to be busy throughout the month of May) does not mean I can't still listen to my body. Instead, I have listened to my head.

I sat down this morning and prayed with all sincerity that God would help me keep him #1 in my mind...not just this week, but throughout the rest of this busy month (well, and obviously throughout the rest of my life!) Last week, God was ranking somewhere around #2 or #3 for me. And, it shows.

So, here I go again....gonna try to lose those blasted five pounds AGAIN!! (You'd think simply because I don't like to repeat awful chores, I'd quit doing this, wouldn't you?)

For a number of reasons, this is the verse God has placed on my heart. For weight loss, it is my reminder that as long as I keep focusing on him, his plan for me will help me succeed in this battle! Until next week, faithful readers!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

20 POUNDS LOST 15 DAYS TO GO

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there... I weighed this morning too and was frustrated because I hadn't lost anything (second week in a row) and I really want to see the scale going DOWN! I only have myself to blame though because I too was slipping from the basic teachings... We're a work in process and are growing stronger every day because of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kepp up the good work Jamie, you will get there! Take care of yourself during your busy month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it is only 5 going back up and down...you are consistent about that, it didn't become 10. :) Don't forget, that it is about normal for all women to vary that much monthly because of water weight, cycle stuff, etc. It might not really be that you failed. Watch your cycle when you are watching your weight.

    But,remember, it is the joy of the Lord that is our strength. We're to count it joy during tribulations. Praying for JOY for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the weight loss you've achieved is pretty amazing. I can't even lose 3 pounds that I've put on. Granted, I don't have 20 to lose, but if I keep ignoring 3, then 3 more happen, and so on...

    Anyhoo, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you recognize the need for God to be #1. That's the key my dear friend. And because you sought His help, He has hear you! "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things (weight loss, finances, etc.) shall be added unto you."

    (((hugs)))
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had the thought this morning (or maybe late last night...the two are really quite blurred together) that I feel I am in the middle of a battle. I fight, but don't feel like I'm getting anywhere (there are several fronts). Writing this, I find myself thinking of the places throughout Israel's history that the Lord fought on their behalf and they were victorious; also that we are to wear the armor He provides (from Eph. 6:10-18...that'd be a good one for me to memorize). He still fights for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you for losing so much weight, Jaime. You must be looking great. WOW! Those last 5 pounds are really hard, I agree. (We've been walking every night and we're seeing that winter padding slowly melt away.)

    It's funny, because here your blog's name is Ditchin' the Kitchen. I have this other (mystery) Apron blog, lol, and I do post a lot of recipes. (But don't visit... I don't want you to blow your diet.)

    Anyhoo, recently, I posted a review of a new cookbook called "The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook." Ever heard of it? The author, Mireille Guiliano recommends that we should spend MORE time in the kitchen cooking and really taking care to prepare our food well.

    Seems counter-intuitive, but I really think she might be on to something. I've been trying to do some extra special things with healthy low-cal foods. It feels like feasting rather than fasting.

    Just thought I'd mention that so you can lose those last 5 pounds FAST.

    (((Hugs))) e-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I'll bet you look great already! Anyway, you are so close - you can see the finish line. REACH. . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your attitude, Jaime. Just try again the next day. I can attest to everyone that you do, indeed, look great.

    Keep up your good perspective. I'm proud of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete